Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tag, you’re it

I’ve been tagged by AJ from Ouch My Back Hurts, originally from South Africa now living in Ireland, who shares his view of the world often from touring the Grand Canal by foot and boat. Find out more about AJ here. So here goes…

01 Gaelyn climbing fence to Weaver Mts (810x574)

1. Describe yourself in seven words …  sexy, soiled, anally-organized, adventurous, passionate, obsessed, wanderlust, curious, honest, philomath (look that one up). OK, so that’s 10 words, I’m no good with numbers. Now that’s 11. I can add. Oops, up to12.

2. What keeps you up at night?   Not much. By the time I Go to bed, I’m tired and drop off pretty fast. Having said that, bright lights and noise keep me awake. Thank goodness I live where it’s quiet and dark.

3. Whom would you like to be? …  ME! Always a better Me. The Me that gets paid to travel and experience the world sharing my adventures.

4. What are you wearing now?…  The usual morning glamor wear, sweat pants, an oversized denim shirt and my sheepskin slippers. (Trust me, you don’t want to see this.)

5. What scares you? …  I ain’t scerd of nothin’, you hear me.

02 South Africa's Big 5 (1024x768) (1024x768)

6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? …  The best has been meeting new people from around the world, I was inspired to travel to South Africa, learning new things, see the world thru other eyes and lens; the discipline of writing almost every day.     The worst, if it can be called that, reading all the many blogs I follow and trying to comment sincerely. There’s just not enough hours in the day, or GB on my hotspot.

7. What was the last website you looked at? …  AJs, that’s when my hotspot dropped me, for the 5th time in an hour. So here I am answering questions.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? …  Change is so constant in my life sometimes I just can’t keep track. Can I slow down time to get more of life in? Oh, that’s not changing me. Seriously, I would never have started smoking cigarettes.

9. Blankets – yes or no? …  Yes.

 

So, now to tag 5 bloggers I follow, give them something else to do like they needed it.         

1) First and foremost, my mentor Karen from FabGrandma who got me started blogging almost 3 1/2 years ago. She continues to teach me, and others, while posting about her gluten free, RV lifestyle. Right now she’s with family as one of her grandsons is very ill and in the hospital. Please send some love her way.    

2) After reading posts and corresponding with Joan from South African Photographs I made my first jump off the home continent and toured with Joan for 2 1/2 weeks. She is such a knowledgeable woman about her natural world and I can’t thank her enough for sharing with me. Not sure she’ll reciprocate this tag, but that’s OK.         

3) Meeting bloggers in real time like Susie of Arabia feels like a reunion with an old friend. This lady is such an inspiration, leaving her USA home to live in her husband’s homeland she shares what it’s like to live in an entirely different culture.         

4) Alan from Yogi’s Den because I just have to get at least one male blogger on this list. (Just kidding Yogi.) I get to see a different part of the country through Alan’s many different kinds of cameras. And he might get me to go geocaching someday.         

5) Then there’s these two gals from The Good Luck Duck, who basically keep me laughing at every turn in their life’s adventures. Never know what to expect from these full-time RVers.

OK, so if you want to play, TAG, you’re it.

Please know that I thoroughly enjoy reading all the blogs you can find on my sidebar. So you’re really all IT.

Oh yea, and I’m a procrastinator extraordinaire. Like right now I should be headed out the door to Prescott and instead I’m writing this post. So that’s now 13 for number 1.

10 comments:

Barb said...

Well, seeker of new facts - I've learned a new word! (Don't stop dancing.) These anti spam words are giving me fits!

blog with no name said...

Whew! You didn't tag me... :) And you look wonderful in your sweats and oversized shirt.

Susie of Arabia said...

Meeting you in person was such a thrill - it DID feel like we've been friends all our lives! I'll try to cook up a post with this meme, but I can't make any guarantees...

Diane said...

I like Mike's comment, it also makes me feel better as I am also in sweats a jersey and sheep skin slippers LOL.
Loved learning more about you, and you have a great sense of humour so you can also add that to number 1 :)
Diane

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your description of yourself. I had to look up philomath.

What do you mean I'm it!! OK

Ebie said...

I learned a new word! One on my wish list is a safari adventure or just a visit to Africa!

Now, I am learning more about you.

Gaelyn, the mudpots are near the Sony Bono Wildlife Recreation area. That day when we visited, there was a dust storm that's why the skies were gray. But on any regular day, the Salton Sea has the most beautiful sunset!

Pat said...

Hey, that sounds like fun. I should tag some people....

The Good Luck Duck said...

Okay! I am idle and I accept this challenge. But, no award or nothin'?

Roxanne
The Good Luck Duck

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I so agree with you on point six. I often don't have the time to visit and comment on others' blogs even though I wish I did. There are a couple (like yours) I never miss, but some of the other blogs I follow just doens't see me that often anymore.

Splendid Little Stars said...

quite fun answers to the questions! I'm with you on the change question/answer. I'm old enough to know that change happens constantly, that one can be intentional about it upon occasion, and that I, too, wish time would slow down a bit!

Google Analytics