Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Monday, December 28, 2009

MWT - Creating a fence


After a very frosty Sunday morning with frozen hose to my RV the afternoon sun warmed enough to work outside.

Mike dug post holes for fence behind the little house to create an enclosure for plants and an exclosure to the javelina and deer.

The posts are some wood Berta and I got for free at a yard sale and the rest, so far, is trimmings off oak on the property.

I held while Mike lashed the pieces on. I love the curves of the wood, and the shadows.

Mike makes awesome wood furniture with two of his brothers and I will post some of that soon.

To see more places around the world, or to share some of your own world, visit My World Tuesday by clicking here.

Hey, this is my 400th post!

20 comments:

ramblingwoods said...

I like the idea of reusing the wood... Michelle

Erin said...

that is what i call teamwork!
and, i trust the javelinas will find the barrier imposing.
have a great evening.

Jenn Jilks said...

Good work. I'm thinking of doing a work out this afternoon. Pretty cold and snowy out - again in My Muskoka !

Diane AZ said...

I love how rustic and natural the fence looks and the shadows are neat too. Can wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Who knew something a utilitarian as a fence could be so beautiful?

Jeannette StG said...

How nice to have a friend who can help you with the fence!

Albert Lázaro-Tinaut said...

You have an interesting blog, with good photos: congratulations!
I wish you a happy 2010.
Best regards from Barcelona.

Loran said...

What an artistic fence!

Barb said...

Busy building fences, Gaelyn - next you'll show us the garden!

penny said...

Your right Gaelyn, Mike is doing a beautiful job of fashioning a unique fence. He has a talent for being quite creative with wood.
I wish you a happy and healthy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful to be able to take action of any kind when one feels a response to a situation. Feelings are sparks of creativity.

Anonymous said...

What a fun fence! Such artistic vision. I look forward to seeing some of Mikes other artistic endeavors.

Small City Scenes said...

Happy 400th post. YIPPEE!!!

Neat--going natural with nature.
Love the fence. MB

Carolyn said...

Gaelyn, I love your natural wood fence and the idea of recycle is so necessary. What is a javalina(I'll google!)?
Great photos.
Smiles

LadyFi said...

Lovely shaped wood!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gaelyn: What a neat project, I'd like to see a photo of the javelina and your deer.

RuthieJ said...

That's going to be a beautiful fence! And I suppose they really are annoying for rooting around in your backyard, but I think it would be kinda cool to see javelina -- definitely something we don't ever see in Minnesota!

Susan Ellis said...

Imagine! Javeline's in the yard. Skunks and racoons around here and the odd bunny...lovely fence you're building too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 400th post, Gaelyn!!! Well done!

A human kind of human said...

WHAT? Four Hundred posts? And here I am quite proud of my 100 posts... Congratulations, no when am I going to have enough time to read them all? This fence building looks like really hard work and just look at the pile of wood waiting in the background! Good luck and good backs to the two of you.

Google Analytics