Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Always learning from Mom & Dad

Every time I visit my parents I learn life lessons. Usually not by the “do as they do” method, just the opposite. Like:

Don’t talk too much, allow others to speak and enjoy conversation, no monologues
Be a better listener, quiet the mind, save the comments
Take care of health issues, do research until understanding comes and healing follows
Stay active in mind and body
Keep learning and growing
Be myself with all honesty
Keep up with current events and technology
Don’t let fear hold me back
Choose to have no regrets
Be open to new ideas
Have friends older and younger
Don’t sweat the small things
Go for the gusto
Follow my heart and passions
Be nice to others and myself
Learn from the past, but don’t dwell on it
Live in the now

I don’t really have much else to say about the visit. Mom lives in the past and Dad lives in his head.

I took these pics of pics that hang in Mom’s bedroom.

Mom, her Mother, & her sister 1935

Me and Denver 1974

Change the things that can be changed, accept those that cannot, and have the wisdom to know the difference.

7 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

If one grows up with those values instilled in you, you cannot help but be a wonderful and well adjusted person. I just wish that most people would bring their children this way.

RuthieJ said...

Wouldn't it be nice if more people learned and followed those values you've listed here?

I love the picture of you and Denver!

Quiet Paths said...

I know a bit of which you speak. Great points in your verse above, which I totally get. We've tried with my husband's folks to keep them stimulated with ideas -- a trip or some project to look forward to; if they don't engage in the NOW then they do tend to dwell on things gone by.

Diane AZ said...

Your post makes me curious what life lessons my children have learned from me ;)

Susie of Arabia said...

I just love old photos like these. Growing UP to appreciate the little things and big values your parents instilled in you proves that your parents did a great job.

Anonymous said...

Great lessons learned. If only more people would learn the same. Love the old photos.

happyone said...

I can relate!!!

Google Analytics