Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Monday, February 21, 2011

MWT – A walk in the desert

01 BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (1024x768)

Only about 30 miles away from home grows a different desert.

02 Saguaro BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (1024x768)

Just past the grocery store in Wickenburg up Vulture Mine Road there’s BLM desert to explore.

03 Saguaro BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (768x1024)

I like to see the saguaro, ocotillo, palo verde, cholla, creosote…

04 Barrel cactus BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (768x1024)

…fishhook cactus….

05 Saguaros BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (1024x768)

…in all stages of life…

06 Saguaro spines BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (768x1024)

…and death.

07 Rocks BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (1024x768)

I like to handle the rocks, schist, olivine, basalt, quartz.

 08 Unknown butterfly BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (1024x767)

And watch the tiny life.

09 Saguaro BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (768x1024)

Next week I’m off to see yet another different desert.

10 Closeup Saguaro BLM desert off Vulture Mine Rd Wickenburg AZ (768x1024)

Anybody out there near my path along the Rio Grande to southern Texas?

mwtnarrowbanner

To tour more of the world, or be our tour guide, go to My World Tuesday by clicking here.

16 comments:

Diane said...

Gaelyn these are great photos, I love the cactus. So much more interesting than the Sahara which is miles of sand dunes and scrub. Diane

Barb said...

These are great photos, Gaelyn - I love seeing desert cactus. Have a wonderful trip!

Kathie Brown said...

If I was there in Tucson you could stop and see me! Nice to see the desert again. One thing I notice: NO Snow!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

That's the death of a giant cacti?

I have been watching Man v Wild, and he showed once in the desert.

Nina F said...

Very nice story with the photos.

Sally in WA said...

Great pics, Gaelyn. I so enjoy being in the desert with all of the different plant life.

RoeH said...

Neat photos! Isn't the desert just wonderful when a camera is handy?

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice shots of the desert! I would love to walk there with you as you know so much about what's there.

Penelope Notes said...

Your love of the desert really comes through in your photos, Gaelyn! The fishhook cactus looks like it could be seriously painful if touched. And your second to last photo reminded me of a person with huge harms and a tiny face etched at the top. Thanks for sharing your interesting journey.

Al said...

Wonderful! One of my favorite things when I visit Arizona is the huge cacti - to my English blood, they're very strange and exotic. I still think the small cacti growing wild in my part of Colorado are amazing!

Anonymous said...

What azure blue skies and fabulous scenery!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Thanks to old Western movies, that is what people associate with deserts. Like the Karoo, Namakwaland and Kalahari (all types of semi desert areas) here in South Africa, it has an appeal that is hard to explain to somebody who has never been there.

Elaine said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Your cactus shots are wonderful, and I especially like the drama of the last one.

Arija said...

I find desert country very exciting, there are so many little things to see apart from the large cactus people standing around and watching.

Johnny Nutcase said...

Ahhhhh take me there! I adore the desert. I can't get enough of it. Beautiful photos - really makes me miss AZ!

Francisca said...

I have to ditto EG WoW!

Google Analytics