Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Drakensberg Mountains South Africa Part 1

01 R600 SW Drakensburg KwaZulu-Natal ZA (800x600)
Joan and I left Wagendrift Nature Reserve and continued into the Drakensberg Mountains, meaning Dragon Mountains and locally called The ‘Bergs. Read more here...

8 comments:

Diane said...

We had our honeymoon in the Drakensberg so great memories here. Diane

Martha Z said...

I like it when the green starts to give contrast to the rock formations. That is starting to happen in California as the early rains and cool weather green up our world.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a big thunderstorm. Maybe they need the rain down there. Nice pictures too.

Jo said...

Oh wow, Gaelyn: I'm sure we camped in the vicinity of your site:) I did a post on it at the time. We're off to the Berg again tomorrow, spending the night with John, Debz and babz, and home again on Thursday afternoon. I always love going to the mountains - God's own country! Have a wonderful day, my friend. (((hugs))) Jo

Camels & Chocolate said...

You've inspired me with all your South Africa posts...I FINALLY started recapping my safari experiences today! Only took seven months... =)

blog with no name said...

:) !

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The Drakenberg must have been so different from the scenery back home for you. I am looking forward to see your Drakensberg shots in anticipation of our trip there in December.

Janie said...

I love the name Dragon Mts, appropriate with the mist on the peaks.
What a cute little monkey, hoping for treats.

Google Analytics