Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow......


Left the South Rim about 11am after clearing at least 10 inches of snow off the truck. And it was still snowing.

Park roads had been plowed.

20 miles out of the park the roads became clear and wet.

Williams looked blanketed in white where I entered the freeway.

Yet 30 miles down the road blue patches glowed over Ashfork.

The first stretch of Highway 89 the sun showed, briefly.

Then in Chino the storm closed in again.

Iron Springs Road winds through the snow speckled hills.

Very wet snow clung to the foliage.

By Skull Valley the snow turned to sleet then rain.

But the snow returned along the rise...

...before Kirkland.

And followed me back to Highway 89.

Where I could see hope the white stuff would stop as I approached Peeples Valley.

After 4 hours, I experienced a small reprieve when I got Home and enough time for Mike to help me unload the truck. Got a little snow here with some howling wind.

Please scroll down for My World Tuesday.

7 days left.

20 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Incredible pictures Gaelyn! I'm off to read somemore!

Jeannette StG said...

Whoa that is some adventurous and am sure tiring trip! Glad you got home okay:)

Pat said...

What an adventure. Glad you're sort of out of the snow...soon you'll have none in Africa!

eileeninmd said...

YUCK! Snow, sleet and rain! I am happy it didn't stop you. And you made it home safely!

Elaine said...

Nice post of your journey back home. You really hit a variety of weather on your drive home, but fortunately nothing too bad. It sounds like the worst part was getting your truck cleared off.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You saw a little bit of everything.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Taking a drive in your part of the world this time of year seem to be part of the adventure. A slipping and sliding you would go.

Unknown said...

Wow you nearly encompassed most weather elements on your trip! Glad you're home safely.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Those are really awful conditions to drive in Gaelyn. I am glad you made it home safe and sound. I cannot go on holiday on my own. :)

A human kind of human said...

Hi Gaelyn, enjoy the cold and the snow. In a couple of day's time you will know only heat, sun and if you are lucky, the occasional thunder shower. These photos were so interesting. Now I also know what your roads look like (very much like ours, actually, lol). So nice to say: "See you soon!"

Louise said...

Time is moving quickly!

I love the sky when it first had some blue in it. Gorgeous.

Bill S. said...

Wow, did you get the snow. We are bitterly cold here. Hopefully spring is just around the corner for both of us.

Diane AZ said...

The South Rim looked like a winter wonderland! Neat to watch the weather change as you got closer to home.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gaelyn: You hardly call it a snow when it doesn't cover the road. Glad you got home safely. 3.5 weeks to take-off. Have a great trip.

EG CameraGirl said...

For some reason, I'm always surprised to hear that parts of Arizona(other than the mountains) get snow. In my mind you seem way too far south. LOL

Anonymous said...

It does look nice. I am no longer familiar with those highways but I have probably been on at least one of them a long time ago.

Nice photos all of them.

Japa said...

That was a good ride despite the prevailing weather. Still beautiful frames of your world.

blog with no name said...

Your the only person that I know that comes flying up on "Dead man's curve" with the steering wheel in one hand, and a camera in the other.

Melusine said...

Nice set!

Rambling Woods said...

Glad you got home safely..snow is pretty, but I am getting sick of it..

Google Analytics