Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thrifty Thursday-Time to gussy up

01 Outfit at Yavapai Humane Society Thrift Shop in Prescott AZ (768x1024)
Returning this week to Yavapai Humane Society Thrift Shop I found some really nice clothes. I liked this outfit a lot, but have vowed not to buy skirts without pockets.
02 Clothes from Yavapai Humane Society Thrift Shop in Prescott AZ collage (1024x897)
Instead I found some nice tops, a dress and a pair of beaded barrettes, all for under $20. And all in my favorite colors.
03 St Vincent DePaul Thrift Store in Prescott AZ (1024x768)
Next stop, St Vincent DePaul Thrift Store, also in Prescott.
04 Ford Country Sedan wagon at St Vincent DePaul Thrift Store in Prescott AZ (1024x752)
I found what I really wanted in the parking lot. Well, not really, but I was intrigued enough to take this photo. Guess it belongs to an employee. What a perfect car to drive to (probably) volunteer at the thrift store.
05 Jewelry from St Vincent DePaul Thrift Store in Prescott AZ (1024x679)
I bought these two 1950s sterling silver bracelets, one with a matching ring. May have paid a bit too much for these, but then I always call silver jewelry my retirement. Can’t imagine it dropping in value.
06 Gypsy DVD $4 from St Vincent DePaul Thrift Shop in Prescott AZ (768x1024)
Plus I bought this DVD. One of my many favorite musicals.

What kinds of deals have you run into recently? Hope you’ll consider sharing your treasures by linking in below.



20 comments:

Page said...

I really like that top outfit, too, but I'm with you on the pockets. Have to have a pocket for my chapstick and hankie.

I've been selling my grandmother's silver jewelry - no children to leave the pieces to. Money has been going straight into the bank for future investment in my wheel estate.

Penelope Notes said...

All such wonderful things from the past that you have given a second life to. You have chosen well … the pretty but practical clothing to the artistic jewelry to the musical that lifts the spirits. :)

trav4adventures said...

Gosh, Gaelyn...I'll have to comb my archives for photos! Most of our furniture now has come from second hand shops! I LOVE thrift shop shopping (as you know...), but I don't have time right now to hunt for my photos. Maybe tonight. I'll be sure to post something! You are having just too much fun!

Pat said...

No new finds for me; sorely missing thrift shops. I like the purple outfit.

tattytiara said...

I do hear ya on the pockets, but on the other hand I do have a purse fetish, and every outfit without pockets is an excuse to buy one!

Kate said...

I also love thrift shops, may have to post afew blogs on my finds.

Diane said...

If only I could find a thrift shop here in France!! I love the top outfit, I agree pockets are a big advantage. but I still think I may have bought that. Diane

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

I love the blue shirt (you know that's my favorite color). You find some beautiful stuff at this shop. I could use you as a personal shopper -- I don't have that kind of luck (or I should say skill).

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

Oh and yeah, I agree on pockets. I love to wear yoga pants in the morning, but hate not having anywhere for my kleenex (and camera when I go for an early morning walk).

Elaine said...

You made some good finds!

Teri said...

Picked up a pair of brown 'Coldwater Creek' pants for $1.00 the other day. They looked brand new, the pants in their catalog usually run around $60.00

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I haven't gone "treasure hunting" lately. Too many expenses and responsibilities have meant that I haven't had much extra money at the end of the month.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You are a true bargain hunter. My dad is a regular at the LDS owned Deseret Industries in Idaho.

The Good Luck Duck said...

I love the bracelets you found. Really beautiful. I want a reason to go thrifting, but I just don't need anything. Yet.

Roxanne
The Good Luck Duck

Splendid Little Stars said...

great finds! I love thrift store shopping!
In the fall I happened to go to a Goodwill that was having a sale on sweaters--2 for 1. I ended up with 4, 3 of which were brand new!

Unknown said...

Fun seeing your finds! My husband is a "picker" so most everything in our house is from yard sales, auctions, flea markets. When I go thrift-ing, I almost always come home with books.
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog-- such a great change of pace from my life. You give us something to fantasize about in your wheel-estate world. :)

Joyful said...

I love your purple dress find and the beaded barrettes which I think alone are worth $20. Well cone! I think it's a great idea to buy the silver jewelry. I never thought of that. How do you make sure it is silver?

Susie of Arabia said...

I do miss the fact that there aren't really any thrift stores over here. I love the turquoise and and purple too.

Anonymous said...

Treasures! I need to go Thrifting with you some day! You always find good treasures.

Just Jane said...

I love that purple dress and the first bracelet. Gorgeous!

Google Analytics