Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Monday, October 10, 2011

OWT - Part 13 Rafting the Colorado River Day 4–Lava Falls

01 Gaelyn above Lava Falls Colorado River trip GRCA NP AZ (705x1024)
I was told last year that Lava Falls at River Mile 179 is the most exciting, and terrifying, 13 seconds of life, if you stay in the boat.  Find out if I did here.


16 comments:

Martha Z said...

Thanks for the memories, they make me smile.

Jo said...

What a wild ride you took us on, Gaelyn. You certainly have spectacular mountains, rivers and rushes! (((hugs))) Jo

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I must fully agree with Maj Powell's statement. It must have been mindblowing to see it. The Geology in this area must be stunning.

Esther said...

So close to nature! Must be an awesome feeling going down in such speed!

Silver Fox said...

Cool! When I rode the river the falls seemed to have three distinct drops - or maybe they were just three very large holes. Exciting, and the boatmen always love it!

Then did you pull up into SixPack Eddy afterword? :)

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for the glimpse into your world! I'm really enjoying a chance to finally visit the Southwest via your blog!

eileeninmd said...

Great photos from your rafting trip. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself, that is wonderful. I would have been scared silly. Years ago, my hubby use to be a rafting guide on one of the West Virginia rivers. He would love to raft the Colorado River.

Pat said...

Rafting makes you happy and it shows!!

Jenn Jilks said...

You are amazing. I love what you do and where you go. I'm happy to visit you from here!

KT said...

Oh I am jealous!

Arija said...

What a fantastic ride, the thrill is mirrored in the exaltation in your face. I am sure the experience is one you will never forget. Thank you so much for your lovely posts so that we can at least have an inkling of the wonders you experienced.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That does look like a wild ride. I'm with Powell that must have been something to see the lava flow and the water coming together.

Johnny Nutcase said...

so much fun, looks like you all had a blast!

Jackie said...

A heart stopping ride and more than just a bit terrifying I think. But what a thrill to be able to say you have done it. A great adventure.

Kathie Brown said...

Gaelyn, your smile says it all!

Splendid Little Stars said...

That's certainly a wild ride! It looks like the people in the front of the boat got the most water dumped on them. Must have been great fun!

Google Analytics