Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Part 2 Rafting the Colorado River–Day 1- A Gem of a ride

01 Lower Tuna campsite for lunch ~RM100.1 Colorado River GRCA NP AZ (1024x768)
After lunch at Lower Tuna camp we headed into the Gems floating by canyons named Agate, Sapphire, Turquoise, Emerald, Ruby and Serpentine. Each as precious as their namesakes. Read more...

16 comments:

Diane said...

What a spectacular view you get of everything from the water. Looks like great fun to me. Diane

Pat said...

What a ride...I may change my mind.

Martha Z said...

Your posts bring back memories though the river sure didn't run this high when I was there.

Betty Manousos said...

what an adventure!

lucky you! such privilege to see this scenery. i wish i could be there with you.

fantastic photos!

betty xx

Small City Scenes said...

OH, WOW!!!!

MB

Happytrails said...

What an awesome ride!! Great pics and love the video shots. What beauty!!

Bonnie said...

Back in 2006 I took a 2 week river tour on non-motorized rafts with about 20 people - your pics bring memories and I want to go again!!

Anonymous said...


Hi there.)

Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
Nice post.))

I need your help (maybe again) ...
I spend new survey ..
Have you watched the MTV awards prizes?
if yes whether you agree with all the awards, or something you think was unfair?

Barb said...

Great video footage, Gaelyn - and I remember that stranded boat!

Nina F said...

I've just GOT to float the canyon soon! It's making me ache all over! What a lucky duck you are...

Elaine said...

What a splendid adventure! You've taken some wonderful photos and made your journey come alive for us. I'm so glad you got that waterproof camera!

eileeninmd said...

What a fun ride,Gaelyn! My hubby would be so envious. He use to be a rafting guide on a river in West Virginia. The video is great, you must have a steady hand to go thru the rapids and hold the camera. I would be holding on for dear life. Have a great day.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great videos, great pics. It looks like lots to see.

Kathie Brown said...

Too much fun and beauty!

Dawn Fine said...

Wow..what a ride! I like your position in the boat...further away from the splash zone. Did your camera get wet?

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Watching the videos I can truly appreciate the experience. WOW! Amazing.

Google Analytics