Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rain and Snow

DSCF4818 (1024x758)

Almost three days of rain on the North Rim at 8250 feet (2499 m) equals snow on Mount Humphreys at 13992 feet (4265 m). This view is about 60 miles south of the North Rim.

8 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

That must be your first sign of winter approaching other than all the signs of fall.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Mount Humphreys. Ahh....gotta get back there soon. Thanks, Gaelyn.

Diane said...

Looks a bit cool there to me! We are still having temperatures around 25/26 degrees C (77/78F) during the day which I am really enjoying. Fab photo though. Diane

Small City Scenes said...

Stormy skies are so beautiful.
Some mt, tops have been getting a little snow here to.
About potatoes go here:
http://knutzenfarms.com/whats-in-the-dirt.php
or search potato harvest burlington wa.
Very interesting--red, yellows and whites.
The Skagit Vally is known nationwide as a huge producer of potatoes. MB

Elaine said...

Interesting photo with all the different layers. Hope you're drying out from all the rain.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Well I guess it is to be expected at this time of year. It should be almost time for you to be leaving though isn't it?

Splendid Little Stars said...

beautiful photos! The colors and the layers are lovely!

Ruth said...

I really like this picture. The foreground and background are each interesting and well captured.

Google Analytics