Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Lights

Victorian house, Prescott, Arizona

Berta and I went to Prescott late yesterday to see Christmas lights, and go to Cosco (where yesterday’s post was photographed).

The same Victorian house

We were a little disappointed by the lack of lights, especially colors. Only a scattering of homes were decorated. I guess people have too much else on the mind.

Courthouse, Prescott, Arizona at twilight

The courthouse square was the best. We stopped at twilight on the way in, then again after dark.

Courthouse again

I really like the way the leafless trees look like a B&W negative. Sorry for the bright yield sign, I tried to tone it down.

Avenue of trees in front of courthouse

I don’t go out much after dark, especially when it’s cold. So this was my first outing to view Christmas lights. I don’t put them out on the RV and haven’t put up my tree yet. That will be a future blog.

3 comments:

Gattina said...

That looks beautiful when the lights are on. We don't do that much decoration in Belgium, there are garlands in the city but houses are not decorated. Sometimes windows have some lights.

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas lights. I hope to get out and get some shots. What I really need to do is put mine up. I don't know where the days have gone.
:-(

Susie of Arabia said...

Thank you for posting these! I used to live in Prescott back in the mid-70s - YIKES - was it THAT long ago? I was the 1st female police officer at the VA Center Ft. Whipple. The Courthouse Square was always so beautifully lit up over the holidays and I loved all those old Victorian homes too. Thanks so much for the memories.

Google Analytics