Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yard Sale artifact

I’m hooked on going to yard sales and thrift stores. I have to watch my quarters and am really out of space in my RV. Yet I go anyway as there’s something interesting about other people’s stuff and what they collect. Plus I can usually find a good buy.

Just some of the good stuff
At a local sale I discovered much really cool old stuff that I highly admire but have no space for, chairs, boxes, toboggans, the rusty shroud of a David Bradley tractor and a marvelous old solid wood wardrobe closet which my friend bought. Then nestled into a plastic tub I spot what looked like a very old clay pot, maybe Yavapai at 800+ years found near Hillside AZ. It’s actually broken in about half which reveals the fine temper in the thin walls. Finger prints still exist on the inside. It was like I could feel the love put into its making. Had to have it. And now it resides next to a metate, or grinding stone, another Native American artifact from the Flagstaff area that I bought at a yard sale a few years ago.

Clay pot ~18x24"

Metate with mano & clay pot

(black pot in far back not old)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! That was a really good find. Did you get it for a really good price? I once got a pair of real opal earrings for 25 cents!

Google Analytics