Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Walk in the Sonoran desert

01 Sonoran desert Congress AZ (1024x768)
With only a drop in 2000 feet elevation from my chaparral home environment I can walk in the Sonoran desert where the...

10 comments:

trav4adventures said...

I LOVED your walk! It's still cloudy over here in Scottsdale. Yesterday we drove out to the Superstition Mountains...awesome!

Diane said...

I am surprised it looks like a totally different world but beautiful never the less. Have a great Christmas Diane

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

The landscape is so different from what we see in the mid-west. Love the quartz!

Pat said...

Wonderful post. I had some teaching colleagues here a while back who were from the Sonora Desert area. And I once had a nasty encounter with a cholla, that 'jumping cactus'. Aptly named... Had to remove the spines with pliers...ow.

Betty Manousos said...

wow! love the quartz.
such an amazing landscape-thanks for sharing.

xx

Bev Deem said...

Gaelyn: Have you seen the Crested Saguaros below Rincon Mine? There are seven or nine in that area.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great to have such a change in scenery. Especially handy to a nice little cafe as hiking tends to stimulate my appetite.

Arija said...

I have missed the lovely Arizona landscape since Kathie moved back to the New England States. Lovely stuff with all the cacti and that light and open state tree.

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

And who said deserts were boring?! Love the quartz - quite a chunk of it. Great shots.

Camels & Chocolate said...

I've still never been here, but I had my first prickly pear margarita in Florida last week and it was DEE-licious!

Google Analytics