Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hummers hanging around

01 Immature & female Broad-tailed Hummingbird at feeder NR GRCA NP AZ (1024x779)

Broad-tailed Hummingbirds, immature and female

Even with the still chilly weather at the North Rim the hummingbirds have shown their young the sweet buffet outside my window.

02 Black-chinned Hummingbird at feeder NR GRCA NP AZ by Mike (1024x867)

Black-chinned hummingbird

The black-chinned hummers fly in very quietly compared to the shrill whistle of the broad-tailed’s flight.

03 Empty hummingbird feeders NR GRCA NP AZ (1024x768)

Oh no, the feeders are empty. I’ve neglected my duties as a chef. It’s time to get on this order.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flavour it with some of their favourite wildflowers. Makes for a good garnish too.

Jo said...

Beautiful photos of a cute bird, Gaelyn. Your hummingbirds are even smaller than our sunbirds.

forgetmenot said...

It doesn't take long for the birdfeeders to become empty--especially if the squirrels get into them. Great shot of the hummingbird-and the little one is so cute. Nice post. Mickie :)

Diane AZ said...

Your hummers are adorable, nice pics!

Bonnie said...

Haha, when I was just the title in Google Reader I thought it was going to be about big old trucks hanging around the campsite!

Merikay said...

Good pictures. they can be hard to catch sometime.

Janie said...

I filled my hummingbird feeder a week ago and they've already sucked it dry. Only got one photo, though, and it wasn't very good. With the feeder refilled, I'm hoping for better luck. Your photos are great!

Anonymous said...

They can chug that stuff can't they? Its like fast food for hummingbirds! lol. Its such a treat to have them around though.

Martha Z said...

Got keep them full with this cold weather. I'd been neglecting mine while the weather was nice and there were a lot of flowers blooming in my garden but now it is filled again as the rain has returned.

KT said...

I am jealous...our feeder is still full.

trav4adventures said...

The ranch owner where I board my horses just filled up her feeders last night and there were about 10 little hummers flying around today! I love to watch them! Nice captures.

Red Shoes said...

They are beautiful!

I remember happening upon this place north of Santa Fe last year, and their hummingbird feeder just being overRUN by them.. they are so enjoyable to watch!

~shoes~

Elaine said...

Nice captures! I wish we had hummingbirds here. I've always liked watching them.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

There is something about hummingbirds that make them very special. I love the colors on the blackt chinned hummingbird.

Anonymous said...

What you call the black-chinned we would call the ruby-throated. Not sure they are the same but they look like twins to me. You are lucky as we have nectar out and two honeysuckles in bloom and only saw two of them last week and they were just prowling around.

KT said...

:) I had earlier posted that our feeder was full, but alas, this afternoon...a hummingbird!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

It must be so awesome living so close to nature. *sign*

Diane said...

They are beautiful. Diane

Barb said...

Great pics of your diners, Gaelyn!

Betty Manousos said...

your hummers are really cute!

beautiful captures as well!

betty xx

Dawn Fine said...

Great hummer photos.

Sally in WA said...

You got some great shots of the hummers. I enjoy watching them so much!

Google Analytics