Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

40 years later

54 Ink Downers Grove IL 1971 (1024x810)

And we’re still talking about some of the same environmental issues as when I drew this image in 1971. We sure are a slow learning species.

10 comments:

Jo said...

Yep, Gaelyn;) and when humans wake up eventually it might be too late! Thanks for the reminder. Have a blessed day. (((hugs))) Jo PS The word varification is "after". We'll all wake up AFTER it's too late!

Diane said...

Some people are more than slow - they are sadly just not interested. Have a great week. Diane

Sally in WA said...

And they'll probably be talking about these same issues 40 years from now. :(

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Wow, can't believe you have had the drawing so long. I agree, we are a "lots of talk and little do till the last minute" species

Anonymous said...

It is very nice to see this drawing. And the time has not made it different. It is still good.

Betty Manousos said...

What an interesting drawing, Gaelyn!

We need to defend the planet now more than ever; before it's too LATE for all of us. It's the only planet we have.
Save earth!

Happy Holidays!
Betty

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Yes, we are. Nice drawing, babe.

Arija said...

At least the sun still rises.

I'm in the middle of final proof reading of my daughter India's next book about sustainable living.

There are so many little things we as individuals can do that collectively make a great difference.

Anonymous said...

I feel more like a caveman everyday.

Ed said...

Everyone talks about saving the planet. There are even some that place all the blame on humans. Yet, almost on one talks about the Final Solution - reducing the number of humans.

The planet was not at risk when there only a few million humans.Go back to that number and the planet will be just fine you need do nothing else.

Google Analytics