Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Friday, July 30, 2010

A look from the Lodge

01 View of Widforss Point and South Rim from Grand Lodge NR GRCA NP AZ

Thursday we experienced a few sprinkles of rain.

02 Night lights on Grand Lodge NR GRCA NP AZ

I was hanging out on the Lodge veranda after auditing a fellow Ranger’s program.

03 Fireplace at Grand Lodge NR GRCA NP AZ

And thought I’d share an interesting view of the North Rim’s Grand Lodge. On cool evenings, visitors enjoy a roaring fire here.

15 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I just can't believe that view. Must be awesome sitting in front of the lodge with a drink in hand, good company and that view.

Diane AZ said...

Really cool views and I love the stonework on the lodge.

It finally rained here big time last night, the plants look happy. :)

Small City Scenes said...

great lodge---how old is it? Need some history here. LOl MB

Camels & Chocolate said...

You make me dream about being back in AZ on a near daily basis! Soon. Soon...

Jenn Jilks said...

Beautlful shots! You may have to reload your first photo, I could only look at the top half of it!!!

Diane said...

What an amazing view. Diane

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gaelyn: Just really love that first photo, that is a winner.

Splendid Little Stars said...

great captures! The canyon is so clear in the first photo. The lodge is most wonderful. (I've never stayed there, only been inside.) The huge window overlooking the canyon is wonderful.

Martha Z said...

More beautiful shots from the North Rim. Maybe next year.

Light and Voices said...

Beautiful image!
Joyce M

Al said...

That first photo is simply fantastic, with the clouds right above the high point on the ledge. Bravo!

eileeninmd said...

A beautiful view from the lodge, I would love to sit in front of that fireplace sometime. Great photos, Gaelyn!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I really love the stone building Gaely and I can imagine how wonderful it would be to sit in front of that fire with a cup of hot chocolate in winter. I am going to have to try it sometime. :)

Pat said...

Agree with Firefly. What a way to relax with friends and Mother Nature.

blog with no name said...

Yup, that's the spot where the best ranger in the world gives the best Geology and Condor talks ever!

Google Analytics