Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy to be Alive and Blogging

Janie at Janie & Steve’s Utah Trails awarded me the Happiness Blog Award. Thank you.
Janie shares her passion for Utah’s gorgeous landscapes with her husband, horses and Queen-dog Daisy.

As I put this post together I am overwhelmed with love. I can only take partial credit for this award, the rest goes to all of you fellow bloggers and sweet friends. Without you, I wouldn’t be here. Thank you. We are writing history for future generations around the world. Wow!

Sunrise at Grand Canyon National Park
“I’m supposed to name 10 things I love:”
1. Life, the greatest gift. Thanks Mom and Dad. Life is Magic!
2. Nature, all the life around me plus what are called “inanimate” objects like rocks and such.
3. Love itself, I am surrounded.
4. Friends, who I would barely survive without.
5. The journey, life is about enjoying the Now and absorbing every moment as it happens.
6. Honesty, most important first to myself and not to lie to others.
7. Laughter, it really is the best medicine and infectious. Why take life so seriously.
8. Free will, making choices to grow and change. No is a complete answer.
9. Discovery, learning new things about this magnificent place we call home and the people who live here.
10. Exploration, adventure, travel. OK, so that’s a couple extra yet it all ties together.

Painting by (Aunt) Kay Serigas
Then I'm supposed to pass this along to 10 blogs I truly enjoy reading. Very hard to pick only 10, yet I highly recommend these plus the other blogs on my sidebar for happy reading. Please don’t feel obligated to do anything except acknowledge your greatness, and life will bring you immense joy.

Joan at South Africa Photographs also known as “The Bug Lady” shares her views and knowledge of South Africa both big and small. I am always fascinated by her macros of the tiny life, and the other flora and fauna found in her world.

Jonker at The Firefly Photo Files takes me to places in South Africa that I hope to visit soon. He has an incredible eye for photographing the unique.

Mike at blog with no name I admire for starting his own blog after only a very short time online. Mike writes from the heart when he can find time. (Plus I love him!)

Moannie at The View from this End writes a compleling story as she shares the history of her family with such feeling. Moannie lives in the United Kingdom and may have the best husband in the world.

Bibi at A Yankee-in-Belgrade is an amazing photographer who travels and shares her home and adventures with passion.

Craver VII is always up about life and has the most laughable sense of humor.

Dawns bloggy blog is full of adventure as her and husband travel in a RV visiting some of America’s most beautiful places, hiking and birding along the way with family and fellow bloggers.

Karen at FabGrandma lives with her husband full time in a RV cooking gluten-free and shares their life’s adventures, both ups and downs.

Tom at This is my blog shares images of life and land around the area of his Midwestern home, and beyond, in such an intimate way I feel like I’m there.

Abe Lincoln at Pick a Peck of Pixels creatively shares his personal history thru writing and art, plus his passion for the wildlife around him displayed in amazing photos.

I sure hope you will enjoy these bloggers as much as I do. Feel free to pass these along, or not. And even if I didn’t get you on this list, take what you will and pass it along. This avenue of communication may be the answer to Peace on Earth. Be part of the movement.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gaelyn, isn't this a nice award to be given :-) I love your life, so I'm very glad you do too!

Craver Vii said...

Congratulations! You are a neat person who I like to visit. Your blogging has brought me happiness.

Thank you for the award. I'm going to post that in my side bar immediately!

Barb said...

Hi Gaelyn,

I like the 10 things you've chosen - good reminders of Life's bounty for all of us. (I also love your aunt's painting!) Congratulations on your sweet award.

Bill S. said...

Great post. I love the 10 things that you love. It is amazing how all these things come back around.

Anonymous said...

I really like that painting...its very cute and has a lot of genuine feeling in it, just as you do Gaelyn.

You certainly do GLO, just like the rising sun in the Grand Canyon.

Jazz said...

Congratulations...

Carolyn said...

Congratulations Gaelyn! You give so much of yourself through your blog in passion, information, humour and life. Thank you! Blessings and smiles
P.S. Beautiful sunrise!

Unknown said...

I love cup cakes. There's a cupcake shop in town that for $3 I got the most expensive and delicious cake morsel I could ever imagine. (Red velvet with white icing!)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gaelyn: Thank you so much, this is truly a neat award. Your site has brought me much happiness.

Janie said...

I'll check out your list of blogs.
Really like your aunt's painting. Also enjoyed your list of loves. Very nice. Honesty, laughter, discovery, free will. Great choices.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Thank you for your kind words Gaelyn but you deserve this award as your blog bring me great joy and happiness too. Your knowledge and eye for beauty is astounding and I am glad you share it with me.

Anonymous said...

What a way to start the day as I wait for the water to heat for my BATH!!! yes, finally, and JP gets the added treat of seeing me nekid!

Thank you so much for the award, really lifted my spirits as I have been incarcerated for so long that I was hearing my brains cells sign off. Bless you Gaelyn, I really shall try harder.

Diane AZ said...

You sound so grateful for the things you love and I feel gratitude is the key to happiness. That is why you are well deserving of the Happy Award! The sunrise at Grand Canyon and your Aunt Kay's painting are both totally awesome and delightful!

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. You were one of the first blogs I followed.
Counting those blessings sure cures what ails ya!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know a bit more about you. Congrats on your award. And I do love your aunt's painting too.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for including me in your 10! I always go to your posts first when I go to my google reader, because I know there is going to be something good there to read. I love you too!

Pat said...

Well, goodness. Here I wasr reading about the FUD, and then scrolled down to your yesterday's post, which I had missed!

Thank you! I feel the same, and look forward to meeting you one day, no fooling. Doubt if I'll make it to the US this year, since my son is getting married this summer, and then I work in the fall (school). But you're on my list!!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Thank you very much for passing on the award. I am honored. I could take out a long thank you speech and use up all your bandwidth with it. But I just want to thank you for always visiting and commenting on my posts. Getting comments is all the thanks I want for my blog. As for yours, I always look forward to see what the next place is that you blog about. Your knowledge is unbelievable.

Google Analytics