Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hiking to the river

01 Sacred datura along North Kaibab trail GRCA NP AZ (767x1024)
After hiking 7 miles down the North Kaibab trail and staying at Cottonwood campground my hiking companion had to hike back up 4170 feet while I headed another 7 miles down to Phantom Ranch and the Colorado River where my rafting adventure would being...

8 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, Gaelyn, I loved the hike through those amazing rock formations with you. I remember well when we hikesd, how a hot shower, cooked food and comfortable bed was enjoyed in the middle of a trail. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Blessings and (((hugs))) Jo

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Thanks for taking us along on your walk, dearie. As always, I'm much more refreshed after visiting here! Love the pics - have a great trip!

Diane said...

What would we do without helicopters? LOL I am glad that your meals and gear made it. As always fantastic photos. Diane

Quiet Paths said...

I can see why that section is a favorite spot. Wow! It's great to have this virtual hike.

DeniseinVA said...

This looks like a fantastic place to hike. Your photos are always so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Such a magnificent place to photograph. And living there or hiking there must be a whole different kind of adventure.

Unknown said...

Looks nice, curious to read how it continues.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Even more stunning scenery. I'm just not one for heat though. It would have been disasterous if your kit didn't make it on time for the evening.

Google Analytics