Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It must be spring!

01 TX Redbud Alpine TX (921x1024)

Texas Redbud

At least it seems like that in West Texas. Trees are budding, the temperatures in the 70s F, and the wind is blowing like crazy.

02 East of Alpine Hwy 90 TX

Left Alpine this morning after a wonderful visit with old friends from my Mount St. Helens Rangering days almost 20 years ago.

03 Roadcut along Hwy 90 E of Alpine TX

Looks like limestone on the bottom topped by shale and some conclomerate

I love roadcut geology.

04 Caracara bird by Doug J

By Doug J

Twice I saw a Caracara at road kill. (This image is from the web.) A lifer!

05 Pecos River

Pecos River

Started looking for an RV Park about 4pm near Eagle Pass. All full, mostly with oil workers. Drove another 125 miles until I found a place in Cotulla. Way too many hours for a day but does put me closer to my destination. A little over 200 more miles to go.

8 comments:

tattytiara said...

Caracaras are such cool birds. I've never seen one in person. I love those blossoms!

Teri said...

Redbuds are one of my favorite trees. My neighbor has one in her yard.

Diane said...

Not long to go now and you will soon be there. I have never seen a Caracara but it looks almost like a mixture of other birds.
With the cost of fuel now you must have gone through a bit on this trip. I need to fill my car to go to France but at £6 per gallon I keep putting it off! Trouble is it keeps going up so the quicker I do it the better!! Diane

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I have never see a caracara in my life. Not even on tv. Its a stunnig bird.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A sky seen through redbuds in bloom is always a soul-stirring sight!

WHICH SKY FOR YOU?

Which sky for you?
One that is blue?
Or do you prefer
A sky that’s demure?

A sky in grey
Is soft, they say,
And not everyone
Likes the blinding sun.

Perhaps a sky
Through which geese fly
To winter havens
Away from ravens?

A rain-swept sky
That seems to cry?
O quickly choose one
Before day is done!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Desert Sky

Small City Scenes said...

Hey don't get overtired ya hear.
My that is flatland isn't it.
Nice to meet up with old friends. I bet you had a lot to talk about.
Neat bird.
I love road cut geology too --Pretty neat seeing the layers.
MB

Craver Vii said...

You see roadcut geology. I see a slice of white bread on the bottom, a slice of toast on top, and peanut butter in the middle. ;-)

Janie said...

The caracara is a beautiful bird. I've never seen one. Great to see the redbuds starting to bloom.

Google Analytics