Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Going to Toroweap, finally

toroweap-overlook-77815-sw

It’s Mike’s birthday, and we have three days off to celebrate. So, I’m giving him an adventure. Of course it requires a 3 hour drive on 65 miles of washboard gravel road followed by 3 miles of slick rock. All worth it for my Honey and this iconic view. Not my photo, but I should have some good ones coming. Geez, I’m not even done posting the trip to Bryce Canyon, or the trip to South Africa. But I’ll be done working soon so maybe will have more time. To continue exploring that is.

15 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

You've been blessed by many an Exploration! That, AND a new honey! Good for you - safe journey. We'll be here when you get back, salivating over your photos and experiences.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a wonderful place with a beautiful view. Can't wiat to see your photos, Gaelyn!

Sylvia K said...

We all feel the same way! We can't wait to see more photos!! And what a gorgeous place this is! Fantastic! Have a great day and a great week ahead -- both of you!!

Sylvia

Diane said...

That is an amazing view looking forward to your photos. Happy Birthday Mike and enjoy your trip. Diane

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

Have fun! What a beautiful pic.

Jo said...

Happy birthday Mike. Blessings and great things for the next year. Wow, Gaelyn, that photo is heartstopping. I look forward to reading about your trip. (((Hugs))) Jo

Janie said...

Have fun! Hope Mike has a happy birthday. Are you bringing cake?
We visited Toroweap a few years ago. I look forward to revisiting it through your photos.

It's Just Dottie said...

Oh my goodness! That is high!
Dottie

Barb said...

Always exploring and having adventures. I've come to expect it of you! Have fun!

Bill S. said...

Now that is one beautiful canyon. I sounds like you guys are having a ball.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

The picture might not be yours but it is a spectacular one Gaelyn. I thik in the end it will be well wort going over those awful roads to get there.

Pat said...

Yikes....stay away from the edge...that's some view, but....

Craver Vii said...

That is quite a view!! Be safe.

Elettra said...

for the birthday wishes, great way to celebrate by visiting these wonders

Camels & Chocolate said...

I totally feel you: I still have a LOT of South Africa recapping to go! It's overwhelming, isn't it? So much to say about that country.

Google Analytics