Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Going to Zion National Park


The Beefalo were out near the entrance gate
Left the North Rim just before noon Tuesday under a semi-cloudy sky.

Dropping off the Kaibab Plateau I could barely see the giant cliffs of the Grand Staircase Escalante because of the rain clouds and haze. Smoke actually, from either the LA or Utah fires.

It was still a bit hazy on the drive towards Zion.

Yet improved as I approached the park.

I took soooo many photos this story will have to be stretched out a bit. Keep coming back please.

15 comments:

Janie said...

We're getting a lot of haze here, too. Glad you finally got off the North Rim for a change of pace and scenery.

Jazz said...

I WILL get to Zion and Bryce one day. I WILL

Unknown said...

We'll be going to Zion and Bryce when Becky comes to visit next week. You'll have to tell me some things to see while there.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

If this is a taste, I will definitely come back for more. :)

Bill S. said...

Zion is my second favorite park - only after Yellowstone. We are lucky to have the National Park system.

D Herrod said...

Beautiful.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I'm with Joan. I can't wait for more. I like the first pic with the buffalo. The clouds is beautiful.

Elaine said...

I've never been to Zion, so I will definitely be back for more. Hopefully we'll make it on one of our journeys in the next couple of years.

Anonymous said...

Sure will come back to see the rest of the photos. This is the second blog I have visited this afternoon with hazing photos from the fire.

Someday, I hope to see the parks myself, but until I do enjoy looking at your photos.

Louise said...

I'll be coming back!!!!

Sally in WA said...

Enjoy your trip to Zion. :-)

Angie said...

Excellent photos - thanks for your visit & nice comment.

Small City Scenes said...

Super shots. Have a great time. MB

Mark Alan Meader said...

I've stayed outside the east entrance at Zion Mt. several times. In the morning all the buffalo head down past the cabins to the feeding area near the restaurant and deer like to come in and wander around the grounds grazing before people start to come out and disturb them. A very beautiful place in the fall and that east side of the park is also very open and uncrowded. Trying to decide between there and the Sierras for foliage this year.

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

In Michigan on a road trip. I take pictures out the front window as well. I was in Zion probably about 10 yrs ago. On the "Adventure Bus" out of LA. Quite a tour bus. We slept on the bus, seats were out and plywood laid down. Real hippish. I wonder if they are still around.

Google Analytics