Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Survival


I took a group of visitors on a fossil walk today and we got side tracked watching a struggle for survival. Rather amazing how much smaller the spider is than the bug. They both wanted to hang on to life. But the spider won.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice capture there, girl! and very interesting.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Really excelent Gaelyn!! Now I ask the question: "Does size matter?". When it comes to survival, even the smallest thing will find a way to survive. It must have been extremely interesting to watch and I hope your guests were suitably impressed that you found it for them to see.

Now you know why I am so interested in this small world we life with and so seldom notice.

Erin said...

Hi Gaelyn, what a great photo. Did you find any cool fossils too :-)

Quiet Paths said...

wow, talk about a picture says a thousand words! That beetle will hold the spider for a long while.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! You see, that's the trouble. I do so want to tag along with you on your amazing travels...sleeping bag and groundsheet all ready to go, but...I can't even look at a spider, and there are so many, not to mention all the other bugs...so Gaelyn, I'm sorry, am going to have to cancel...but I will keep travelling with you in blogland.
I only took a peek but I bet it is a great picture.

Diane AZ said...

It is awesome to see what a little spider can do. Cool post.

Rambling Woods said...

What a great shot and metaphor for life..all at the same time..
Michelle From Rambling Woods

Naturegirl said...

The law of Nature we humans will never understand.What I see in this post is one who is one with nature taking notice of the smallest wonders! I can identify with your love of Nature.

Jazz said...

The spider usually does win. Great pic.

Janie said...

Great photo! Wow, that's one tough spider to capture such a big beetle.

Dawn Fine said...

Yikes...spiders are amazing!

Google Analytics