Description

I own no land, instead I have wheelestate. I’ve been a full time RVer since 1997. Working summers as a Park Ranger takes me to many beautiful places and playing during the winter takes me to many more. This blog is simply the story of my life's adventures.

Moved

Thank you for stopping by. Just to let you know, I'm still blogging but have moved to Geogypsytraveler. Hope you'll follow my adventures. Just click here.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mustang under summer sun

I read in someone’s blog about choosing an image from file, sixth folder and sixth image, and writing about it. With nothing else on my mind today to blog about, here goes:

My 1965 Ford Mustang convertible
Ah, summer of 1971, fun in the sun. My last summer before graduating from high school. I spent a lot of time with friends at a small lake on private property in north central Illinois where this photo was taken.
Ulman's Lake
That Mustang was decorated for several occasions. For the homecoming parade it carried royalty while waving streamers in the breeze. Twice I used the Mustang for art class projects. The first time, several other students joined me with brushes and poster paint. On the hood was a big red sun ball behind a rather hippie looking fashion couple wearing huge bell-bottom pants and paisley tops. Even after several car washes the hood had a faint circle of stained paint. The second time we covered the car with paper before painting. Unfortunately, I have no photos.

The mascot was a Mustang at Downers Grove South High School where I graduated in 1972. My Dad worked at a car dealership and bought the Mustang for me. Not too spoiled huh? Sure wish I sitll owned that Mustang, but even more so the next car Dad bought me, a 1968 Mercury Cyclone Cobra Jet. Fastest girl car at the high school.

Well that was fun. ;-) Now back to housework. :-(

4 comments:

lupingirl said...

Those are great memories! I so wanted a 65 Mustang when I was in high school, but alas, that never happened!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Ah schooldays!! What can I say? I think most of us have some fun things we do NOT want to share from those days. LOL!! They dont make cars like that anymore. Now you no sooner look at them and they dent!! :)

George said...

Isn't it amazing what memories a picture can bring back? Thanks for sharing this with us.

Unknown said...

My first car was a 1964 Impala SS. That car would FLY!

Google Analytics